Monday, November 3, 2014

Moong Dal Dahi Vada

Dahi Vada is basically deep fried Dumpling made of lentils soaked in yogurt with flavorful chutneys. I simply love them, but then since its deep fried I generally tend to avoid it. But after I started using the non fried version I make them so often. Traditionally they are made of Urad dal, but I have used Moog Dal as well. This makes it even more healthy.  You just cant differentiate. Totally spongy and yummy and try this Healthy version. My 10 month old is a new fan of my healthy dahi vada. This is dedicated to my baby.

Ingrediants

Moong dal
Urad Dal

You make take them 1: 1 proportion

Procedure

Soak both the dals together for about 4 hrs.


Once done, blend them in minimal amount of water to a smooth paste. Add Salt and keep it aside. Mix the batter very well. It should be nice a fluffy.


Add about a tsp of oil and drop a spoonful into each of them. In case you dont have such a pan, you may still deep fry them. Unlike Urad dal this batter wont slip off easily from your fingers so you might have to use a spoon to drop them in oil




Turn over and continue to cook them till golden brown.



These are yummy vada. You might just eat them as is, like my husband who is not a fan of dahi vada, but the still loved to eat couple of them when I make it this way.



Now Soak them in water and Microwave them for about 2 mins. Let it remain in warm water for sometime. I personally don't like very soggy ones, i keep them for about 10 mins. Remove them from water and squeeze out the excess water and keep refrigerated, You may use them when ever you want.




You can see the difference between the 2, See how it swells up.


Now its time to arrange: I have used Sweeteened beatedn Yogurt, Green chutney, Sweet chutney, crushed Cumin powder, Salt , pepper, and red chili powder.



Lay the vada and pour the yogurt generously over them and then put the chutneys and other seasoning as per your choice and Keep refrigerated and serve it. Yummy Healthy Dahi vada ready!!



This for my darling baby, thats his bowl :).. One satisfied mom


Please do like my page or leave your comments if you are inspired. It is motivating to see your comments.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)




No comments:

Post a Comment