Monday, July 27, 2015

Corn Bruschetta

I am sure many of you are aware of what a Bruschetta is. It is antipasto which is basically a snack or appetizer from Italy made by grilling the bread and topping it with your choice of vegetable and seasoned with olive oil and salt.
Whenever I go to supermarket, the smell of freshly baked breads somehow pulls me towards it. I generally prefer baking them at home. But this time I just picked up a French bread. As soon as I saw it I knew what I was making then. You can actually use any type for bread, but this particular one and most importantly the way you cut it makes all the difference; else it would just another open faced sandwich.

Mostly you would see tomatoes with herbs as a topping and the toasted bread, but I this time add another ingredient to it. Yes.. as you can see, its the corn.






Ingredients

For Topping:

Chopped Tomatoes
About a cup of corn.
Basil
Salt & Pepper
Chili Flakes

Bread( French Loaf)
Cheese Spread( Optional)
Olive oil

Procedure:

Mix all the ingredients for the topping. Slice the bread as shown in the pic. This what makes it stand as a separate dish.


In the meanwhile preheat the oven to 350F.
Now spread the cheese on the slices and place a spoonful of the topping on each one of them. Sprinkle with some chili flakes.



Place the tray in the oven and let it back for about 10-12 mins, till the slices are nice and toasted. Remove from the over and add a dash of olive oil over each. and serve them warm.
Works great a easy snack or lovely party appetizer.



Notes:
If you do not have oven, just toast the slices separately. Slightly saute the topping in the separate sauce pan and place it over the bread. 

Please do like my page or leave your comments if you are inspired. It is motivating to see your comments.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)






No comments:

Post a Comment