Thursday, July 2, 2015

Peanut Dry Chutney

We all love the dry Red chutney that goes with the Vada Pav ( click here for my delicious Vada recipe)..Peeps from Mumbai will definitely be able to relate to it. It contains garlic and sometimes dry coconut in it. However now at my hubby's place we do not eat Onion or Garlic in any form. So this peanut chutney is  the best substitute for it. This recipe is from my Mother in law. For the longest time she used to send it from India or courier it, or even when she used to visit us she would make it in bulk so that it would last us for at least 6 month until I get the new lot from her ..lol
I never bothered to ask her how to make it,I was just lazy somehow..until finally I realized how easy this recipe was. The best of part of this chutney is it goes well with any dish. 








Ingrediants

2 1/2 cup Peanut( Roasted)
1/2 cup Sesame seeds
1/4 cup cumin seeds
About 1 cup red Chili powder
about 1 tbsp Salt
about 1 tsp Black salt


Procedure


Grind coarsely roasted peanut. Let the peanuts cool completely before grinding them. Now grind the cumin and sesame together to fine powder.



Take this in a big bowl. Add the chili powder, salt and black salt and Mix it well. Adjust the chili according to you. You may use Kashmiri chili powder if you are not the very spicy type of person...and Tada...The dry chutney if ready. Store it in the air tight container in the refrigerator. It stays for months.



It is my togo chutney in the busy mornings. I spread it over the dosa with ghee to make spicy masala dosa, or add it to my dhokla's or make a dipping with yogurt. This can be consumed on days of fasting as well.







Please do like my page or leave your comments if you are inspired. It is motivating to see your comments.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)




No comments:

Post a Comment