Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bhindi Masalewali

Okra - Bhindi has always been my all time favorite veggie. I love cooking Okra in thousand different ways. This recipe comes from my Mother-In-Law's kitchen. When she was here last year, she made this amazing variety of Bhindi which I had never tried before. My husband is not at all a Okra love, if ever I needed to make bhindi, I had to add lot of potatoes so that he could eat them and leave the bhindi to me or I ended by cutting tons of bhindi to make the crispy version, which is the only one he would eat. But this recipe came as savior, as he liked it. Since then, I always buy Okra when I go grocery shopping. So here is the recipe of magic!




Ingrediants

Bhindi ( Okra)
1/2 Sliced Tomato
1/2 Sliced Bell Pepper
3 Tbsp Besan
2 tbsp Crushed peanut powder
2 tbsp dry coconut ( fresh cococut shredded works as well)
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp Coriander powder (dhanya powder)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp amchur( mango powder) - optional
Salt 
About 3 tbsp oil


Procedure

Wash and pat dry Okra on a tissue or kitchen towel and cut it into slices lengthwise. I have used about 2 cups of  stilted Okra.








In a pan add about 2 tbsp of oil, once hot add the Okra, tomatoes and bell pepper and let it cook for about 10 min on medium flame till tomatoes turn tender.


In another bowl add all the above ingredients and remaining 1 tbsp of oil and mix well to form a crumbly mixture. 








You need to add good amount of coriander powder thats the key for this recipe. Also the mixture should be on little salty side since its gonna mix Okra latter. But do not add too much.
Now add this mixture to the okra and mix well. Cover it and let it cook on slow flame for about 15 mins atleast. Serve it with your choice of roti or fulka.







Do try it out and like my page if your are inspired.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic


Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)


No comments:

Post a Comment