Saturday, August 16, 2014

Oats Tikki-Patty

Tikkis is a Hindi name cutlets or patty. And as mentioned previously my hubby and me are big time patty fan. We love to have them as our wholesome meals. When its Oats tikki - oats being the one of  healthiest foods in world , why not Enjoy it with great flavors. Eat this Oats Tikki burger buns, or as appetizers or take them on your road trip whichever way you like , you are bound to enjoy them This recipe yields 8 medium size Tikkis.

Ingrediants

2  pckt Instant Oats
1 Boiled Potato
1 cup assorted veggies
Red chilli powder
Cumin powder
Garam Masala powder (optional)
Amchur powder (optional)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Handfull of cilantro
Salt to taste
Bread crumbs optional

Procedure

Light cooked half of the oats and draind any excess water. Keep rest of the oats uncooked. 

Parboil the veggies. You may micorwave them for a min or cook in a closed pan for about 5 mins. Lightly mash the veggies.

Add boiled potato to it. Add grated ginger, and spices as mentioned above. Add lemon juice and mix it will to form a soft dough.



Now wet your hand make them in medium size patty. 






 Roll it on bread crumbs or rice flour or cornflour. I have used bread crumbs here. Then shallow fry the tikkis. I like to use my electric griddle for shallow frying my tikkis since they use really minimum oil. Cook it on both sides till golden brown.











Serve it hot with your choice of dipping, ketchup or chutney. I am using my favorite green chutney with this. click here for recipe.


Do try it out and like my page if your are inspired.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)


No comments:

Post a Comment