Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thai Curry Paste


I used to have Thai food at restaurants but dint make much at home. One thing that was hard to find at Thai places is vegetarian curries since they are pre-made in fish sauce/oil. Being a strict vegetarian I could rarely have them and many places served it. So I thought I should be making them at home and satisfy my cravings.   I had to find ways of utilizing my bunch of Basil which I grabed from a weekend Farmers Market. So I made this curry paste which I can use my Thai curry.



Adapted from showmethecurry.com

Ingrediants

10-12 Dried Red chilli
1 inch Galangal ( you may use ginger as substitute)
3-4 Red thai chili ( depending upon the spice tolerance)
Few strands Lemon grass
1 tsp Lemon peels
Handful of Cilantro leaves

Procedure


De-seed the red chilies and soak them in warm water.




Then blend together all the above items to form smooth paste. Watch this space for my Thai curry recipe.

Notes: I dint find galangal so I have used ginger.
Lemon peels are obtained by scraping the skin of lemon. Use green lime preferably.
You can store this paste is refrigerator for about 2 weeks.                                                                                                                                                                              



Do try it out and like my page if your are inspired.Thanks!
PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment