Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Roman Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin...ewww.. How many of you do that..I was certainly one of them. Until one day I got a large cut piece of pumpkin for my little one and I realized that hes too little to finish that off and I will have to pitch in. So I was on looking out for something that I would like to try. I love having my bowl of soup any weather any time .. Bring it on!!! Pumpkin has numerous health benefits,so a great way to incorporate in your diet
This recipe serves 2.



Inspired from : Tarla Dalal

Ingrediants

1 cup chopped Red Pumpkin
1/4 cup chopped Potato
1/2 cup Milk
About 2 cups water
1 tbsp chopped Ginger
Salt
1 tsp Mix seasoning/ basil
2 tbsp Butter

Procedure

Take a pan , add butter and ginger and saute for about a min. Then add the chopped pumpkin and potato and saute again for about 2-3 min. I like the flavor of ginger in my soup. I would suggest you to take a little more than you would like. Soup needs to have that gingery flavor.




In another bow take milk add about 1 cup of water mix it well and then add it to the pan. Simmer the stove and let it cook till the potatoes turn tender. Check the potatoes after a while. It would take about 10-12 min then turn off the stove.


Let it cool down for a while and then add the seasoning. Then Puree it in the blender to a smooth paste. Add water as required to get he right consistency . Let it boil again for another 10-12 mins. and Tada!!!!!!! Your yummy soup is ready .
Server it hot!! 

Do try it out and like my page if your are inspired.Thanks!

PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)


No comments:

Post a Comment