Thursday, August 7, 2014

Creamy Tomato Soup


Tomato soup is a classic all time favorite soup. There are so many versions of the soup floating around. But this is one is our family favorite and I am sure it might be your choice as well. This restaurant style creamy tomato soup with some veggie stuffed bread is my idea of perfect light dinner. I never knew the secret ingredient until my MIL introduced me to it. Then I experimented to get that perfect taste. Here you go!
This makes about 3-4 servings.

Inspiration: Tarla Dalal.


Ingrediants

3  Roughly chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Carrot ( about 1/4 cup)
1/2 Stick Celery ( about 1/4 cup)
About 1 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp Butter
Salt
Pepper
Cumin Powder
pinch of Kashmiri chili powder /paprika (optional)
1/4 tsp  dry Basil powder (optional)
1 tsp sugar


Procedure

Take a pan and add the veggies and cook till they turn tender. Add to the blender and make a smooth paste. You may strain it through a clothe or filter to remove any seeds or particles. I personally don't do it as I like to keep that extra fiber




In another pan add butter and flour and saute it for few secs or until brown then add milk and make it into into medium to thick consistency ( white sauce) then add it to above puree. Add rest of the ingredients and about 1/2 cup water and give it a nice blend. Now puree would be bit watery , but that's OK as it would eventually thicken once u boil it.



Then transfer it to the pan and let it cook on medium flame for about 10-15 mins at least. 
Serve it hot with bread crumbs or your choice of bread or just as is.
We had it with my freshly baked mix vegetable bread.






PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment