Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice

I think I am in love with Thai food these days. Just cant have enough! So when one of the Sundays when I had been to farmers market I saw a bunch of fresh basil and could not stop buying it. The first thing that came to my mind was Thai Basil Fried Rice....yummmm. You can experiment a lot with this rice in terms of veggies and flavor. Since I don't use onion and garlic in my cooking that has been excluded. You may use mushrooms, broccoli or any other veggies, I used what I had. But the most important ingredient is the Fresh Basil which gives the zing to it.



Ingrediants


2 cup cooked Rice
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp chopped thai red chilli ( preferable)
1 tsp tomato sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp chilli sauce
1 tsp brown sugar( you may use white sugar as substitute)
7-8 Fresh Basil Leaves
 Sesame Oil (preferable)

Veggies of your choice- I used the following
1/2 cup Chopped green and Red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup roughly chopped Green beans
1 cup cauliflower

Procedure


 Cook rice by adding bit of salt and once done remove the excess water and let it remain in the strainer for a while.

I like to steam my cauliflower and beans before using them. Take a wok add oil and once hot add the grated ginger and chilli and saute for a min then add all the mix veggies one by one and saute for another 2-3 min. Take a small bowl add all the sauces mix well , add sugar to it. Add fresh basil to the wok and saute it for few secs, then add the sauce mix to it, add little water and let it cook for another 2-3 mins. Add salt as needed.





Then add salt as needed and Rice and mix well. close the lid and let it cook for 3 mins on a slow flame. Serve hot with your choice side dish or curry.



Do try it out and like my page if you find it inspiring.

PS: All recipes are without Onion and Garlic

Happy Cooking! Inspire and Get Inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment